Monday, February 16, 2009

Strange

OK, so I told you I would watch some or all of the NBA All-Star game.  I was going to watch the whole thing but my DVR only recorded 2 1/2 hours, oh well.  The game apparently got out of hand late and I saw the best parts.  One thing seemed clear to me: the players on both sides were playing harder than usual for an ASG, and the Olympic experience has done great, great things for the NBA.  All these great players spent months together training and practicing, and the intensity of their practices came through on the court last night, as nobody wanted to be seen slacking.  The West had 13 steals for crying out loud!  And to see Shaq and Kobe teaming up on plays, well, it brought back some great memories of the start of this decade.

Speaking of Shaq...did you catch this?  When I watched the player intros, all of a sudden out of nowhere here's the Big Dance Trouper wearing a mask and dancing with the Jabberwockies.  I, of course, had never watched America's Best Dance Crew so I had no idea what was going on.  To me it was some bizarre NBA redux of Eyes Wide Shut.  I kept waiting for Nicole Kidman to pop out naked wearing a Mardi Gras mask.  Very strange but in retrospect, I like it...Shaq is certainly willing to put himself out there and entertain.  Imagine John Stockton doing this before an ASG!!  The video:


No comments:

Post a Comment